Don't you just adore summer peaches?


This is almost not a recipe, since all I really did was slice some beautiful produce from the farm stand down the road.  I have a feeling I'll be visiting that farm stand verrry frequently.  It's conveniently located across from the library, and with my summer habit of devouring books {and peaches}, that's my go-to corner this summer.  Peaches and fiction, ahhh.


Do yourself a favor and invest in some spectacular balsamic vinegar for all your salads this summer.  This one is a glaze I found at Whole Foods, and I use it on caprese type salads, because it's thicker and easier to make designs with over the salad.  But I'm also a huge fan of the Olive This balsamic that's been aged 20 years.  The longer it's been aged, the less acidic.  Meaning, I would eat that stuff with a spoon.


Watch out, peach paparazzi!  And y'all, I was taken in by a beautiful basil plant at Trader Joe's the other day.  Only $4!!  So now we have fresh basil.  At least, until I possibly accidentally kill it by being out of town for a week and leaving it in the blistering sun.  Oops.  But I'm optimistic.  {As long as none of you saw what happened to my herbs last summer.  They were more like dried herbs in a pot.}

Peach Caprese Salad
Serves 2

2 large peaches
2 large tomatoes
1 handful fresh basil
About 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar {or glaze}
Salt & Pepper to taste

Skin and slice the peaches, and slice the tomatoes.  Salt and pepper both.  Slice the basil into strips {or tear it for that rustic feel}, and layer tomatoes, peaches, and basil.  Sprinkle balsamic over the plate of peaches, tomatoes, and basil.  Voila!


Someone please remind me to water that basil plant.


Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Search This Blog